During October I Will.....

And......


Thursday 12 August 2010

What's On Your Workdesk Thursday?

Day Late, but here goes.  Had a few ups and lots of downs the past week and no scrapping/crochet/crafty things done :0(, so I'll show you my storage unit which is slowly being filled.


Filled to the extent that it is not big enough, this is what is stored on the top:


Need to order some more clear 12 x 12 boxes and a visit to Ikea to get some more storage boxes is on the cards for the near future.  Thought I would get the green ones instead of white this time.  Ikea make orange, black, green and white.  Feel like breaking the white up a bit and orange and black won't go with the colour scheme of my room which is this:


The green boxes are a little darker but as it will be on the opposite wall to the wallpaper so they will co-ordinate.  Would love to have the whole room painted in an off white, but with the craft area I know I need to paint a dark colour that won't show every mark.  

Right at the bottom of my expedit unit I have 3 drawers which are 32cm cubed and all full of lovely yarn waiting to be crocheted.  Here is a little peak inside one of them:


The four balls at the front are intended for a ripple banket.  Just love the colours, which sadly have not come out too well - the turquoise is a lot brighter and the cream is more yellow in the photo.

Sorry I didn't get round to leaving comments last week - I did manage to visit about 50 of you - but life was just topsy turvy and the weekend just went a different path to the one intended and then the childminder cancelled and the things I had planned to do while the kids weren't here took 10 times longer.  Hope to visit and comment on as many blogs as I can this week but its most likely to be the weekend.  Thanks for visiting and would love to hear from you even if it is only a quick 'Hi' just to know you have been.

16 comments:

Sarah said...

I had a rough week too - sorry you didn't get any time. Don't you just hate that? Hope you can have some more you time this weekend. Thanks for the look around - good storage going on, but it's like shoes - we women crafters never have enough!

HeARTworks said...

Hi candace! Those yarns are a lovely color! The last time I crocheted I used strips of plastic to recycle a plastic bag! Didn't work out :^( Nice storage!

Unknown said...

Impressive storage you have there! And better late than never as they say :0)

Daniele said...

what would we do with out Ikea for our storage all my craft room is from Ikea
hugs

Twiglet said...

Love the colours in your wall paper and the yarn is gorgeous!

Claire said...

Oooh lovely your yarn box, fab colours :0)
C
xx

Darcy Marshall said...

great space. I have some of the green Ikea boxes, and also some of the older dark red ones, sadly now discontiued. Excellent storage.

I long to do a ripple blanket, just not found the yarn I want to use yet.

Julia Dunnit said...

Candace, no apologies needed - commenting is defo a time thing and if you haven't got time, it doesn't matter. Better that you can concentrate on having more peaks than troughs per week. Your storage is looking just fab and deeply impressively organised. I agree about the green 'bins', they'll look really nice. And the yarn - lovely. No idea what I would do with it, but it does look good collected up like that!

Sew This N That said...

Love your storage hun :0) Those balls of wool look all snugly :)
*hugs* Heather x

Rachel said...

ooooh lovely stash hun xx

Sid said...

Fab storage solutions you have there !!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those storage cubes are gorgeous and very handy looking. I see IKEA is the choice for storage in the UK. There are none within a 1000 miles of me, so I can only dream. You have a nicely organized storage space, that's for sure.

Hope this week is better for you. It's been so long since I've actually finished a project, but my problem is the oppressive heat I've been living with for over two weeks. Happy belated WOYWW.

Louise said...

What wonderful storage - I wish I had the room! It would be decked out in IKEA.
Loving the colour scheme too.

Pallavi said...

your craft supplies are organized so well..great job!! and i'm in love with your work..wonderful layouts..im subscribing..thanks for sharing

Minxy said...

I think my expedit is the best thing i ever brought, and now i dont feel terribly jealousy when i see other peoples LOL
know what you mean about running out of room though, you think it will house all your stuff no problem, till you start sorting and realize just how much stuff you actually have LOL

Neet said...

I like it - not a big enough set of cube storage. Do we crafters ever have enough storage? Love how organised you are.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...