During October I Will.....

And......


Monday 10 October 2011

10 Things (October 2011)

This is a series of blogs posts organised by the lovely Shimelle.  On the 10th of each month a number of bloggers write a list of 10 things.  This could be a list of anything you like.  This is the first time I have joined in as time seems to be flying by and its usually way past the 10th by the time I remember to do my post.

My list is 10 things I want to do before the end of the year:

  1. Bake cakes, cookies and muffins every week.
  2. Attend a scrapbook retreat for the first time and learn new techniques.
  3. Get organised for Christmas - purchase and wrap all presents by 10th December.  No last minute running here there and everywhere this year.
  4. Decorate the lounge - finish stripping wallpaper, put new paper on chimney breast, lining paper on all other walls and then paint them.
  5. Finish one of my many crochet projects - I could manage to complete a 10 on the 10th list about WIP's and still have plenty left over!
  6. Complete my Document 2011 album.
  7. Complete my Brother's wedding album.
  8. Complete our Summer holiday album.
  9. Have 30 minutes 'me' time each day.
  10. Lose 1 stone in weight - 12 weeks means around 1lb per week which is achievable.
I am using this list as a little reminder about my 'This Year I will...' pledge I made at the beginning of the year. Sadly due to numerous health issues there are a number of items on this list that won't be achieved this year.  It makes me upset to think I have not achieved these goals but I am going to use this as a learning curve for the future and acknowledge that sometimes life throws things at you and your plans all go up in the air.

However, anything not achieved on that list will go forward with me to next year.

If you want to have a look at some other 10 on the 10th list pop over to Shimelle's blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! So many things to do WITHIN the 10 things to do. Maybe you should leave out the things you KNOW you won't do and concentrate on the ones you can? Have enjoyed visiting your blog. x

Connie Mercer said...

that could be my list also~great post!

Anonymous said...

Great projects!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your list. I'll look forward to hearing about your progress next month on the tenth. I need to make my own list!!

Michelle S said...

Good luck with the list! I really wish I'd done Document 2011... :)

The Constant Scrapper said...

That's a great list! Totally doable with focus. :-) Have fun achieving each item.

Melissa said...

Good luck with your goals! It does seem life throws things our way at times and we have to re-evaluate or prolong our goals.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...