During October I Will.....

And......


Friday 3 September 2010

Learn Something New Every Day 2nd September

My LSNED album and cardstock arrived promptly yesterday and after lunch with a friend, afternoon chat with another and a quick tidy, mainly because I had to find my scrap space courtesy of Freya I got on and made the cover and cut up the cardstock.  Really happy how it turned out:


Today I learnt that I should follow instructions.  I purchased what can only be described as pompom wool which I am knitting a scarf for Freya with.  Lovely lady in the shop said cast on 12 stitches which is what I did.  Me being me thought that is surely not enough and cast on another 8.  There I sat kitting away for a couple of hours and had a decent length which, as Freya was asleep, I wrapped it around me for length and oh was it too wide!  The pompoms just make it so thick and wide and I was gutted.  I am not a 'natural knitter' and this had taken me a good few hours.  Off the needles it came and all my work was undone.  As this was for a child I only cast on 10 stitches and down I sat to do it all again.  This time it is perfect and I am so in love with it.  Just wished I had listened and followed those simple instructions.



Also a little late, this month I will:


  1. Kiss and cuddle my little babies at least once every day.
  2. Find something to smile about each day.
  3. Have a minimum of 30 minutes every day of ME time, no children, no TV, no computer, no telephone, just ME.  As selfish as this may sound, it needs to be done for my own health, both physically & mentally.
  4. Go for a walk every day, even if it is only for 5 minutes, I will go outside and walk to clear my head and think about life.
  5. Continue with the 50 LO Challenge - half way there now :0)
  6. Complete 10 Granny Squares or stripes
  7. Enjoy LSNED

1 comment:

Louise said...

A lovely list - and "Me" time isnt selfish (you'd never find a man saying that)!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...