During October I Will.....

And......


Wednesday 16 January 2013

Wobbles Wednesday (16 January 2013)

With the fast approaching big 40th birthday I am making lots of changes in my life with the ultimate aim of removing stress, frustrations and unhealthy things and rediscovering me and happiness.  Along with a lot of other people I have decided that I will try to loose some weight this year.  I am not one for New Year Resolutions because I find that I put too much pressure on myself and ultimately I fail and then become very frustrated with myself; very very frustrated. 
 
Kate is another blogger who is trying to drop some lbs this year. Each Wednesday she will post a link up for anyone who wants to loose weight with the aim of everyone motivating and supporting each other along their weight loss journey.  The posts are aptly names Wobbles Wednesday.  Hopefully for all of us the wobble part won't be here for much longer.
 
I really do struggle to loose weight on my own and therefore signed up at Slimming World last week.  The number on the scales was not good, I mean really not good.  My local group meets on a Tuesday which is perfect to join in with Kate. 
 
 
After a week of changing my eating habits I was in for a very huge shock when I weighed in on Tuesday night.  It really was a celebration.  Somehow, please don't ask me how but I managed to loose...... 
 
12lb!!!!
 
I just don't know how it happened.  To be honest I wasn't that strict with the plan.  I struggle to stick with just 2 slices of bread a day, struggle with the amount of butter I can use and as for the milk, well I need more than 3 cups a day else you really don't want to be around me.  I am going to try to reducing the butter this week but I can't reduce the milk quota, its just not going to happen and to be honest life is too short to worry about how much milk I have.
 
I want to lose 3 1/2 stone (49lb) and after this first week I am well on my way to this achieving this goal.  I lost 25% of what I want to achieve and if I can do that in one week the remaining 37lb should be a doddle.
 
If you are trying to loose some weight why not visit Kate and join in with Wobbles Wednesday.
 

3 comments:

Maggie Reads said...

OMG, that is amazing. I lost 7lbs my first week and thought that was good! I hope it continues to drop for you x

Jayne said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done!

Shell Louise said...

Amazing first loss, very well done and good luck with the rest :) xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...