During October I Will.....

And......


Saturday 29 January 2011

The Proud Parents


Over Christmas & New Year these two had bunny cuddles:


They cuddled & cuddled.  This morning Smokey & Snowball are proud parents to a little baby bunny! 

 Mommy has been a little temperamental the past few weeks.  Biting the other girl bunny she shares a cage with, not wanting to be picked up and finally lunging at me last Friday and biting me.  This was so not like her.  So last Saturday we separated the girls and built her a nest box and filled it with hay.

Last night she had pulled a ton of her fur out and 'feathered' her nest.  This morning Freya came running to me to say there was a baby.  She had given birth to one pup on the cage floor.  We donned rubber gloves and put the baby in the nest.  An hour later she was in the nest box.  When I checked shortly after she had covered the baby with her fur.  Don't know if there are other babies that she had given birth to in the nest and covered them as I don't want to upset her by messing with them.

And so we sit and wait to see how many babies we have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candace, thank you for the lovely comment on my blog and congratulations with the new birth in your household, I can't wait to see the photos. I absolutely love your blog design - so bright and happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...